Wednesday, July 11, 2007

We're having a heatwave...


We're having a heat wave,
A tropical heat wave,
The temperature's rising,
It isn't surprising,
She certainly can can-can.


She started a heat wave
By letting her seat wave
In such a way that
The customers say that
She certainly can can-can.


Is there anyone besides my mother who recognizes the song stylings of Irving Berlin? No? Too bad, that man had quite the way with words. Rappers would do well to take some lessons from him!


It was 104 degrees yesterday and today it is supposed to be cooler at about 100 degrees. Suzanne has decided that playing outside is not high on her list of things to do. She wouldn't even go to the mailbox with me. She insisted that she ride in her little red car while I pushed. Then she went and banged on the neighbors' door to let her in since I was taking too much time watering the droopy flowers.


Suzanne will never know the joys of living in a house sans air conditioning. Mainly because I will have air conditioning until my dying day. I like to be cool and I don't mind paying for it. And since we have a 2-story house, it is pretty much a necessity if you plan on actually getting any sleep at night.


Today I met with her old physical therapist to see about getting some fixes for her new tricycle. Grandma and Grandpa Hunter got Suzanne the Cadillac of tricycles for her birthday, but of course her little legs are still too short to reach the pedals. Ryan came through, however, and with the aide of a pool noodle, a drill, and some velcro, we now have a functional vehicle for her. Sounds crazy, but I'll take some pictures later to show you how it works. Half the battle for Suzanne is me knowing the right people to talk to when I have questions about these kinds of things.


I would take the pictures today, but it is HOT so we'll have to wait for Suzanne to decide that she wants to go out again. Maybe when it gets down to 90...

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I wish we were having a heat wave.. well, maybe not a heat wave but at least stop raining!!!

Up With Downs!

You haven't experienced life until you've experienced it Suzanne-style...