Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Shortest Miss America!

Today I got to see just how far my little Suzanne has come in 3 short years. This morning we went to her preschool Open House for a little meet-n-greet and it was quite amusing. Let me just say that I am so proud of Suzanne that I'm all a twitter...

Suzanne just turned 3 in June, which makes her the youngest child in her class. She is also the smallest by far. To look at her, you might think that she was more immature and less able to handle the rigors of a classroom. You would be, however, completely wrong and in for a big surprise.

From the first second that we arrived, Suzanne owned the room. I mean OWNED. Sarah, Tammy, Ryan, you know what I mean. She sailed through the door in her little mini backpack, looked over the various work and play stations, found an appropriate baby doll to drag around, and proceeded to show those other kids how it's done. For those of you who thought she would never be able to sit still and complete a task, she worked at a table for 20 minutes today. She drank juice without dumping it on the table. She did not eat any crayons. And she took pity on one of her poor classmates who was bawling his little blue eyes out and gave him a big hug and a pat on the back. When we had to leave, she did her pageant wave to all her subjects and sailed out the door.

My kids spoil me sometimes. I have never known what it's like to have a shy or fearful child. Both of mine are so gregarious and outgoing, completely at ease in most social situations (although Kirk is getting a little squirrly about girls).

I can hardly wait for tomorrow to see how she likes the bus. I may actually follow them in the car, not because I'm fearful of the bus, but because I want to see her when she gets off and marches into her classroom. Washougal School District--look out, here comes Suzanne!!

No comments:

Up With Downs!

You haven't experienced life until you've experienced it Suzanne-style...