Wednesday, October 24, 2007

WARNING: Get some kleenex...

A Friend Like Me
by Traci Sandrock


Please don't be afraid of me
I want to be your friend,
And if you get to know me
Your rigid thoughts might bend.



Thoughts that I am different
From others that you know,
I really am no different
And this I'd like to show.



I live and breathe and laugh and cry
I love to play and learn,
I sometimes do things differently
Which can cause some concern.



You see some say I'm special
I guess this much is true,
But if you were to ask me
I'd say you're special too.



We're all a little different
No two are just the same,
It's really something wonderful
The way there is no blame.



When things don't go just perfectly
and others get confused,
And say things like "poor child"
and others terms they use.



It's okay if you look at me
And might not understand,
It's okay if you touch me
And even hold my hand.



My life has many obstacles
Much more than you could know.
But that's not what I dwell on
I'm me, that's all, and so...



Please don't be afraid of me
I want you just to see,
How truly great and wonderful
A friend like me can be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, love the poem. Beauty and love are in all of us!

Hugs,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Jennie, I love the poem. I'm looking forward to Suzanne's reaction to the "jack-o-lantern." Keep us informed.

Reina

Up With Downs!

You haven't experienced life until you've experienced it Suzanne-style...