Monday, October 8, 2007

The Wheels on the Bus

Yes, this is the latest on Suzanne on the Bus. Look at that happy face...and the happy face of her best friend, Karissa, sitting behind her!




Greg was home today (Columbus Day--a rather useless bank holiday) so I made him go out and put her on the bus. Of course, he took a few photos while he was at it. She loves going to school and started nagging us as soon as Kirk left. She goes an hour later than him, so she gets a little irritated when he leaves the house and she doesn't. At one point this morning, she took off her jammies, put on her shoes, socks and jacket and tried to open the front door. I explained to her that she would be a bit chilly with no pants or shirt, so maybe we should trot up the stairs and do something about it. I guess it made sense because she scrambled up the stairs and went to her bedroom to start her morning ablutions!



School is going well now. She only had the one time out (she did not want to move to a new activity when it was time) and she hasn't walloped anyone lately. This is something that she learned from her brother and his friends. I have pointed out that she will not always be small and one day will be able to do quite a bit of damage to them. They think it is funny, but I am not amused...




She is learning to count objects up to 5, she is learning her colors, and she is starting to speak much more clearly. Greg is certain he heard her say "Where's Karissa?" this morning when they went out to the bus stop. I think she tosses in new words just to make sure we're paying attention to her.


What a strange day...Greg is here, but not really since he is upstairs on his computer and not making any noise. That cats have disappeared, probably upstairs with Greg. Perhaps I will send him an e-mail to get his attention. I could just yell up the stairs, but that would ruin the peaceful silence. Then again, Suzanne gets home in an hour and THAT will destroy the peaceful silence!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I am here!! I am here!! I am HERE!!!! (lord, I sound like a Who..)

Barbara said...

I am here! I am here!! I AM HERE!!!! (hmmm for some reason now I want to have Roast Beast...)

Barbara said...

oh ok.. I should have read the part that said it would appear AFTER you approved it... hehehe
send me an email at barbara_j_miller@yahoo.com, if you don't mind.. I don't have your email address saved in my web contacts.. sigh.

Reina Beard said...

Jennie,

I am one of those lurkers. I am a lifetime friend of your Mom. I love your blogs and pray for you often. I usually read your blog at the last of the work day. My sister Beverly, who you met, asks about you. Since she does not have email, I have printed out some of your blogs and mailed them to her. Keep up the good work.

Up With Downs!

You haven't experienced life until you've experienced it Suzanne-style...